If you’re an active person, and like to go out jogging regularly, you probably wonder if you will ever find time again for that kind of activities, now that you have 2 kids that need your uninterrupted care and attention.
You probably thought about cutting back your fitness hours, but truth is, it’s not a solution that will benefit anyone. The best thing is to take your kids with you and have fun together, giving an example of a healthy lifestyle. To do this you will need a double stroller that will not only be convenient for you, but also comfortable for the kids.
Lets’s take a look at the Mountain Buggy Duet Double Stroller, to see if it’s the best answer to your needs.
Benefits of the Mountain Buggy Duet Stroller
1. Completely Adjustable Seats
One of the most common causes for kids getting bored when out on a stroll is the fact that they get used to their position on the stroller. Once that happens, it could possibly mean the end of a happy stroll. The Mountain Buggy Duet Double Stroller has 2 separate seats that you can position in several different ways. That’s a useful feature if you have a baby and a toddler, because they often need different seating positions. You will most probably not have to get another stroller once the kids reach the age of 3-4, because this one can carry them as long as they need, or until they have a combined weight of up to 80 pounds.
Another nice thing about the seats is the way they were engineered. They’re capable of being reclined fully to give your infant the perfect position for sleep (newborn babies will be sleeping a lot). What’s more you can set them at any angle you want, which is really useful once your kid passes the 1 year mark. The seats also have 5-point harnesses that are also easily adjustable so you know for sure that your kids are safe and secure in their seats.
With a total width of 25 inches, the Duet Double Stroller from Mountain Buggy has the same dimensions as the single version. It can easily go through standard doors and narrow pathways. And thanks to its wheels you can handle uneven terrain without the kids feeling any discomfort. Taking corners or going up the hill is also pretty easy to accomplish. When you stop, in order to be sure that your stroller doesn’t start rolling without you pushing it, you can use the pedal brake provided.
3. Easy to Fold and Transport
Completing the compact design, to further enhance the ease of portability, folding this double stroller is done really easy and quick. The folding mechanism enables a secure lock. The materials used in building the Mountain Buggy Duet Double Stroller are lightweight. The frame is made of aluminium.
4. Very User-Friendly
By using the Duet Double Stroller, you notice how user-friendly it is. A great feature, that you can’t find on all double strollers is the adjustable handlebar. It so often happens that taller parents find it difficult to maneuver their stroller because the handle is too low. They not only made it adjustable but also added a safety wrist strap. This addition increases ease of use, as there are many times when you only have one hand on the stroller and pass through more crowded places.
More Useful Features:
- Takes two travel systems or two single mountain buggy carrycots; Compatible with Graco Snugride and Peg Perego Primo Viaggio car seats with use of adapter (sold separately);
- Can accommodate up to 80 pounds combined seat weight and an additional 11 pounds in the gear tray;
- The fabric used is made of 100% polyester, making it pretty easy to clean.
- There’s a built in cupholder that comes in pretty handy if you like going for longer strolls.
Feedback, Ratings and Reviews of Customers
A total number of 16 users have reviewed the Mountain Buggy Duet Double Stroller by now, rating it on average 4.2 out of 5 stars. This average is made up of 10 ratings of 5 stars (more than half rated it highest), 3 ratings of 4 stars, 1 rating of 3 stars, 1 rating of 2 stars, and 1 rating of 1 star. Let’s take a look at what most parents who have bought this stroller had to say about it.
- Easy to Maneuver with Convenient Handlebar. Most parents who have bought this stroller and took the time to review it said that they were amazed at how easy it is to maneuver. The fact that they’ve put some nice wheels and comfortable seats makes for a really smooth ride. The handlebar is wide enough to assure secure steering of the stroller, and the fact that they made it adjustable is a great advantage for taller parents. It’s pretty inconvenient when the handlebar is too low and you have to hunch over to push the stroller. That’s the sure way towards back pain and further complications, because taking your kids on strolls is something that you’re going to do on a regular basis for the first few years. So if you’re taller than the average, this stroller is an option that you should consider.
- Fits through Most Common Narrow Places. This is a frequently mentioned aspect by most reviewers of this model. Most parents are amazed how easy it is to go through the most commonly met narrow places like doors, pathways, aisles in the supermarket, between the racks in different stores in the mall. One mom mentioned that she couldn’t find the door she couldn’t pass through yet.
- Folds up to a Compact Size. Besides the ease that parents experienced in using the Mountain Buggy Duet Double Stroller, they also mentioned how quick they managed to fold the stroller and how well it fit in the standard trunk of their car. If you have reduced storage space at your house, or live in an apartment, you will love the fact that it folds up so tight. To further enhance storing capabilities, you can easily get the wheels off without using any tools.
- Increased Storage Capabilities. There’s a huge storage area beneath the seats. It’s parted in two so you can better organize all the stuff that you need to with you when you take both your kids for a stroll, or go for entire day trips outdoors. The thing is, you will not be able to pack those big diaper bags with you, that’s why it’s recommended you go for smaller packages if you decide buying this stroller. You can basically fit everything in their: clothes, toys, snacks plus you can toss in some of your own things too. The divider is there not to make the storage area smaller, but due to its size, without the divider the bottom would probably have a hard time holding up well.
As you might know, there’s not one perfect products out there. Some parents have made complaints about their experiences with the Mountain Buggy Duet Double Stroller. One of the most common complaints had to do with it’s weight. Some mom’s have mentioned that they had a hard time moving it once folded. The fact that it weighs more than 40 pounds caused inconveniences for parents who always had to fold/unfold and carry the stroller. They said that it’s a better option for people who have a garage where they can leave the stroller without having to fold it and carry it around.
Another mom complained about the difficulty she experienced in trying to find spare parts for the stroller. She said that she had some trouble with one of the tires and tried to get one from the manufacturer only to find that they didn’t provide spare parts. If you’re going to need a spare part, don’t worry though, because you will be able to find parts that fit.
Overall, considering the big advantages of the Mountain Buggy Duet Double Stroller, the weaknesses that some reviewers mentioned are not so important as to make this a product not worth taking into account. The compact design, ease of use and flexibility of the seats make this a high rated product. Truth is, it’s not the most affordable double stroller, but we think that, considering the pros and cons, this might be a great fit for active parents of twins or 2 closely aged children.