If you have 2 kids of different ages, then a tandem stroller is the best fit for your needs. There are many models of tandem strollers, though, and finding the best fit is easier said then done
Most tandem double strollers are perfectly capable of catering to your babies needs. The real problem is finding a model that not only comfortable for the baby but also offers exactly what your bigger kid needs.
When kids start walking they win this extraordinary new ability to check out up close things he finds interesting. The stroller you choose should be versatile enough to accommodate both your children. Let’s take a look at the Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Stroller to see if it’s a choice that’s worth considering.
Table of Contents
Benefits of the Baby Trend Sit N Stand Stroller
1. Increased Safety
The most important thing when you go out on a stroll with your kids is their safety. To make sure that they’re always safe, the manufacturers of this stroller equipped it with 5-point harnesses that keep your kids securely in their seats while outdoors. They’ve also added a foot brake to the rear wheels that you can easily activate and making sure it doesn’t leave by itself.
2. Compact Folding Design
Double strollers used to be pretty bulky and heavy, but just like any other product of its kind, it evolved over the years, becoming very user-friendly. Mothers of twins or 2 closely aged kids who owned a double stroller decades ago, know how hard it used to be to transport and store.
Many young families nowadays live in apartments or don’t have a lot of storage space. This is a fact that some manufacturers of baby products, such as Baby Trend have seemingly understood when designing the Sit N Stand stroller.
It can be easily folded and stored even in restricted spaces. Gone are the days when moms and dads used to find themselves in difficult situations when getting the kids out of the seats and trying to fold the stroller. With this model, all you need is one hand to perform the job as quickly as possible. An extra free hand is always great when having small kids.
3. Specially Designed Seats for Baby and Older Child
When you have 2 kids, one of them is going to reach that certain age faster, when they basically can’t stand still for too much time at once. Trying to make him stand still will probably transform your stroll into a disaster. The solution to this situation is offering him some kind of freedom of movement. The Baby Trend Sit N Stand is a great in considering this situation. The rear seat offers you elder kid the possibility to sit comfortably or take a nap or stand up an change his viewing angle. Meanwhile, your baby will be able to comfortably sit or take a nap in the front seat. This will ultimately result in a far more enjoyable stroll.
4. Very Useful Canopies
The canopies are an important part of every stroller. When you’r outdoors with your kids , there are many environmental factors that they need protection from. The sun, for example emits a lot of UV radiation, actually more and more every century. Your kids need to stay in the shade if you’re strolling through the mid-day sun on hot summer day. Actually you need some kind of protection too in that situation, but that’s another discussion. The canopies on this stroller are capable of being rotated so that you can protect your kids from aggressive radiation from wherever the sun might shine. The canopies are also great for those sudden rainfalls during the summer.
5. User-Friendly Accessories
Baby Trend has provided the Sit N Stand with very parent-friendly features. Many double strollers lack a high convenience level for parents. They’re centered around the babies and their needs, which is the best thing to do, but it’s important for such a product to be convenient enough for parents and serve their needs as well. The Sit N Stand double stroller features a parent tray with 2 cup-holders. You can easily have a snack together with your kids as comfortable and convenient as possible. There’s also a place where you can put your keys, phone or whatever else you have in your pockets and inconveniences you.
More Useful Features:
- Single hand folding system;
- Cat fit the following infant car seats: Baby Trend 22 pounds and 30 pounds, Evenflo Embrace, Discovery, Britax Companion, Chaperone;
- The storage basket beneath the seats is generous enough to hold what both your kids need plus your things.
Feedback, Ratings and Reviews of Customers
A total number of 161 users have reviewed the Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Stroller, averaging a rating of 4.1 stars out of 5. This average is made up of 77 ratings of 5 stars, 50 ratings of 4 stars, 14 ratings of 3 stars, 16 ratings of 2 stars and 4 ratings of 1 star. Let’s take a look at what most parents thought about this stroller:
- Very Convenient. Most reviewers mentioned that the Baby Trend Sit N Stand was really convenient right from the start. Assembling it was pretty easy and fast. Another widely mentioned aspect is how easy it is to fold and store. Most parents loved the fact that they could fold it very quickly and store it in a corner. They also thought that once closed, it’s really safe, not fearing that it might open by itself.
- Easy Maneuvering. Many parents mentioned how easy it was to go about different chores during the day, controlling the stroller with so much ease. They said that they thought the ride was really smooth and that taking corners, going through aisles and crowded places was fairly easy considering it’s a double stroller. Also, when going outdoors for a stroll, many parents said that in their areas there are some uneven portions of the sidewalks, and they were pleasantly surprised to find that the Sit N Stand handled turbulence with ease.
- Helpful Features. The cup-holders that the manufacturers provided are, according to most users’ opinion of high quality, when compared to other models that they used in the past. They also thought that adding a tray for parents was something that made their lives a lot more comfortable.
There were some customers who have complained about some aspects of the Sit N Stand. The most mentioned negative aspect was the storage basket. Some parents said that they would have liked the storage space beneath the seats to be larger and easier to access. They thought that it was pretty difficult to reach some of the things stored there when needed. They also said that because it’s open at the back they felt that what the stored there was not safe enough.
Another complain that some reviewers made was targeting the sit and stand feature of this stroller. They said that because you have to take the back seat out completely for the kid in the back to stand, they felt like he doesn’t have an appropriate back support, forcing him to stay in a seemingly uncomfortable position if he wants to lean onto something.
Some customers mentioned that they had a hard time trying to carry this stroller or lift it in order to put it into the trunk of the car. At 39 pounds it’s not the easiest double stroller, but considering it is a double stroller, the weight is somehow understandable. It’s easier though if you grab it with both hands trying to evenly distribute the weight.
Although there were weaknesses pointed out by some reviewers, the majority of the parents who bought the Baby Trend Sit N Stand had liked it a lot and thought that besides the fact that it’s really comfortable and fun for the kids, it’s truly convenient for the parents thanks to the useful features they added to this model. Overall, most parents thought it was good value for money and both them and their kids were really happy with their stroller.