While side-by-side strollers are best suited for twins, tandem strollers represent the better option if one of your kids is older than the other. It’s exceptionally hard to care for both kids when one of them is a toddler and is a lot more active than the other. You might think that you’re only going to need a standard stroller, but kids get tired, and then you’re going to have a hard time carrying the older child. If you’re in this case, then a tandem double stroller is the best option.
To comfortably and safely go out with both of your kids, you should strongly consider the Graco DuoGlider Classic Connect. What makes this model a well suited option if you have 2 children?
Benefits of this Tandem Stroller
1. Superior Seats
One of the most important parts of strollers are the seats, because the babies are the primary beneficiaries of this product. It’s only common sense to put the factors that directly influence their life standards up high in the hierarchy of importance in the decision process. The DuoGlider Classic Connect has 2 seats that recline to offer your children a comfortable position to take a nap when they feel tired. For added safety, the harness has the capability of being adjusted in 3 or 5 points.
They’re designed with much attention to your kids. An included footrest and individual adjustable canopies make sure that your babies are protected and comfortable.
2. Rich Viewing Angle
This benefit is closely connected with the one above. It’s a further argument to a smartly thought out design for the seats. The seats are in a stadium position (the backseat is positioned slightly higher than the front one). This will go a long way in avoiding any fights between your kids, when they grow, on which one sits in the front. Both your kids will have a rich viewing angle, being able to have a complete panorama. This will drastically reduce the time it takes for them to get bored, which is is translated in a more enjoyable stroll.
3. Versatile Travelling Solution
Taking your infants on long trips is tricky because of the limitations of many double strollers. Graco designed an infant car seat, the Graco Classic Connect, that is compatible with the Graco DuoGlider Classic Connect Stroller, forming a complete travelling system, letting you easily transfer the little ones from the stroller into the car and backwards maintaining a high level of safety and comfort all through the process.
4. Compact Design
To make it as convenient as possible, the Graco DuoGlider Classic Connect Stroller is designed to fold easy and fast. You’ll only need one hand to complete the whole operation. This is really smart, as you have the ability to use your other hand holding you toddler or baby. After folding it, you can easily store it in smaller spaces like car trunks, or other narrow spaces around your house.
Further Useful Accessories:
- A great and useful feature about the Gravo DuoGlider Classic Connect is the fact that it comes with an attached storage basket under the seats. That’s an extraordinary addition as it can hold besides everything you need to carry with you for the baby, like diapers, clothes toys, you can also store some of your stuff that you usually take with when going for a stroll. Everything you store there can be accessed easily and in promptly in case of urgent need.
- The front wheels of this stroller rotate completely around, but a smart thing they did is to make them capable of locking in the straight position, this way making it very easy for you to maneuver the stroller especially when both kids are on and the storage space is packed.
- Another smart feature of this stroller is the fact that it has a cup holder, both for the kids and for the parents. It’s not a high-tech feature, but it comes in pretty useful. It’s a plus for this stroller when thinking that other higher priced models lack it.
Feedback, Ratings and Reviews of Customers
Let’s start off by saying that this is currently the best-selling tandem stroller and a customer favorite, for many reasons. The total number of 176 customers who have reviewed this product averaged a rating of 4.3 out of 5. The 4.3 average is made up of 99 ratings of 5 stars, 47 ratings of 4 stars, 18 ratings of 3 stars, 8 ratings of 2 stars and 4 ratings of 1 star. Let’s take a look at some of the most poplar features among users:
- Durable but Light. The stroller weighs 30.7 pounds which is pretty light considering all the features that are packed on it. Moms have noted that that although it’s really sturdy, from every angle, it’s really easy to push it on all types of terrain. The materials used are durable and waterproof.
- Easy Compacting. It’s designed to be easy to compact. Opening and collapsing it is done by using only one hand. Multiple customers said that compacting it is easily succeeded by a pull and twist of the handlebar, and to open it you only have to usnap the lever. This entire process can be easily done while holding your baby, according to customer reviews.
- Appropriate Size. The DuoGlider Classic Connect is really compact for a double stroller. On the other hand you would expect a tandem double stroller to have a smaller footprint than a side-by-side model, although some side-by-side double strollers can be easily folded to fit in narrower spaces.
- Nice Canopies for Great Protection. The seats are provided with individual canopies. The canopy on the back seat is fixed, but the one on the front seat can be adjusted according to the situation. Although the back canopy can’t be adjusted, it will not restrict you seeing the child because it has a clear backing.
- Increased Storage Space. This is one of the favorite features of parents on this model. It has a lot of storage space. According to most parents’ feedback, you can store everything you and your kids need, conveniently, safely and easily accessible in the storage area located beneath the seats. The feet of the child sitting in the back seat will not take up any of the storage space below thanks to the foot rests which offer both safe storage below and a comfortable seating position for the child above.
Although it’s currently the best-selling tandem double stroller on the market, it has some weaknesses according to some customers. Some complaints were targeting the trays. Most parents who have found this accessory to be somewhat difficult to handle said that it’s not easy for them to load and unload their kids into the seats because the trays are difficult to remove.
Other negative opinions targeted the kids’ cupholder. Parents said that they are too small and that fitting a standard size sippy cup is a pretty difficult task.
A thing to note is that the seats don’t recline completely. This is not a problem for kids aged 6 months and above, but for newborn babies, this is not the best napping position.
All in all, the Graco DuoGlider Classic Stroller is one of the best rated tandem double strollers. The minor weaknesses are not as impotant as to eclipse the benefits and value for money you get with this model. In this price range it’s not easy to find a better model, making it a recommended stroller for parents with 2 kids.